
I did not sleep at all last night. I've had remarkably few bad experiences involving tents, considering the number of nights I've slept in them, but just as yesterday was the worst bike ride ever, last night was the worst camping experience ever, and that's all I'm going to say about it.
Willard left early in the morning to fetch his truck in Key Largo. Since Alan & I had had a miserable day yesterday, and since I'd not slept last night, it was clear that riding our bikes would not be happening in the near future. I had no idea what Alan's plans were, but I knew that I needed to try for a morning nap or everyone else would suffer. A lot.
When Willard arrived back at the campground, we all squished into the cab

and returned to Key West for the tourist-photo-op and Key Lime ice cream before dinner (YAY!!). We went past Hemingway's house and also walked to Sloppy Joe's. We talked for a long time with a recumbent rider who had built a shell for his bike with a windshield and everything...he even had a place for his 3 dachshunds!

No comments:
Post a Comment