Today, Susie, Michal, and I worked with Ken, cleaning water bars from Alaska Basin down to the horse camp. It was good, but I felt like our “maintenance run” was not as useful as building stuff or the rock work that went on up above our camp. After work, the three of us went for a swim in Twin Island Lake. I guess the ice has only been out of the lake for about three weeks. It was REFRESHING!
Robin prepares a feast for us, much of it with a combination of home-dried veggies and a store bought base. We’ve had soup with every dinner. We had cous-cous for lunch today. And Robin always comes out of our kitchen tent and says, “There’s more...everyone should have a little more...” I should never expect to lose weight on these trips!
Last night was really cold, mid 30s. I wished for my 0 degree bag!! I was ok with my hat and single polypro layer, and wool socks. Also had partial tent failure when my “pillow” (the stuffsack filled with all the clothes I’m not wearing) knocked into the pole support, and then one corner came loose.
No comments:
Post a Comment