Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 5: Rest Day in Lincoln City!



YAY!!!!! Brian came to visit me, all the way from Portland. He arrived shortly after noon, with no idea of what to do. Since I hadn’t done too much research, we headed south (well, we started out by going north, but mostly because Brian got confused about where the ocean was). Of course, it was lunch time, so after I’d fed my belly, we went to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. We couldn’t actually go to the top, as that was shut to the general public, but we did get to see the house which belonged to the lighthouse keeper, with its relics. One of the more interesting thing on display was a whole picture made out of hair. Something that we’d probably not find today (women back then used to save the hair from their combs!) For my big accomplishment of the day, I shipped off a whole bunch of stuff to Steve’s house so that I don’t have to carry it anymore. Dinner was Kyllo’s...fish & chips...with a good number of riders. And now it is 11:30 and I think I should go to bed.

No comments: