Friday, September 12, 2008

August 13 - Free Day!

I’m sitting in my tarptent trying to think of reason I should crawl out of my sleeping bag to join the others at the dinner tent. The facts that I am warm and dry – and that it is windy & rainy outside – are at odds with each other. And I’m pretty proud of my first time officially pitching my tent being dry (hopefully not beginner’s luck!). So, for now, I’ll stay here.
Last night, Jeff, one of the FS crew, put together a sweat lodge. He heated up some rocks in the campfire, and then had a pan of water and a ladle inside his tentfly. He, Tyson & Julie went in just as I headed off to bed. It was amusing.
Today was our day off. Susie, Robin, Michal & I went down the trail we worked on yesterday, down to the trail to Devil’s Stairs. Then, we walked along the Alaska Basin Shelf, out to Mt. Meek Pass and then back to Twin Island Lake and into camp. It just started sprinkling as we arrived....perfect timing!

No comments: