80.76 mi 9158.9 mi 37.5 max 5:41.49 14.1 mph
Not much to write today. I mostly rode alone, by choice. I like having the freedom to stop and take pictures when I want, to go to the bathroom when I want, to stop – or not stop – at a rest area. The very coolest part was that because I didn’t take much in the way of breaks, I was among the first into camp (which meant
This evening I was on cook crew. It's VERY different from how THE Big Ride was done. Instead of having an outside catering company come in, or a $10 night, we've got a camp cook traveling with us. Linda has fantastic menus planned, so we have been told. Things are a little more involved...which means a little more prep work after a long day's ride (cutting up veggies, cleaning up, etc), but there's more predictability in the grub quality (no need for the silent "Is that pasta or wallpaper paste?" look across the picnic table).
While I was doing my laundry, after my shower, there were some other riders waiting. They pointed at me and said, “She’s a powerhouse!” I could have save so much grief and suffering if I’d only trained for the Big Ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment